My books

Friday, July 25, 2014

Glitter, glitter everywhere

I love GLITTER & RHINESTONES!! There I said. It may even be considered an addiction by some. You can ask any of my friends, my cousin, mom, sister even my hubby can attest to my glitter/rhinestone fetish. I mean come on anything in life can be made better with glitter and rhinestones. [[No joke I want a bedazzler but the hubs won't let me because according to him couches covered in rhinestones are not comfy to sit one. Booo :( ]]

Well I recently made friends with an awesome author by the name of Ella Fox, you can find her here ..http://authorellafox.com/. Not only has Ella been a wealth of knowledge for me as I try to navigate the indie author world (she's an amazing lady always there to help and she has a fantastic sense of humor) but she too has a glitter fetish and told me about something so awesome I almost pooped ... are you ready? Here it is ....

Yes those are indeed wine glasses done in glitter. Absolutely gorgeous! And they inspired me to create my own. Ella was kind enough to send me the links to several youtube tutorials and then walked me through how she did it. 
Here are the steps to making your own beautiful, glittery wine glasses. 

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
set of wine glasses (you can use ones you have or hit up your local thrift shops or dollar stores)
modge podge (any local craft store will carry)
Krylon Acrylic Spray or Triple T 
super fine glitter (Martha Stewart makes a fantastic set of super fine glitter)
painters tape


1. First you have to pick your design. I decided for my first time I'd go simple and just do the stem of the glass. Then using a paint brush cover the area in modge podge
2. once the area is covered in modge podge coat the glue in glitter. You will need to repeat this step 3-4 times in order to get good coverage. Give it about 20 minutes between coats
3. After you apply the final coat let it dry overnight. 
4. once the glitter modge podge layers are thoroughly dry cover the glass that doesn't have glitter with tape so that the spray doesn't get on this part. 
5. With the glittered area uncovered spray 2-3 coats of your sealing spray making sure to wait about 30 minutes between coats 
6. After you apply the final coat again let the glasses dry for 24 hours.

AND VOILA MINE ...


2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I have some glasses I got for free at a volunteer gig that would be perfect to experiment on! Yours turned out great, btw! Double Ooh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely must. So much fun. THe hubs probably won't like it but I see a lot of glittery glasses in our future :)

      Delete